RISE Challenges MNATC to be Positive Force in Community
The Mahindra Group’s Core Purpose:
We will challenge conventional thinking and innovatively use all our resources to drive positive change in the lives of our stakeholders and communities across the world, to enable them to RISE.
What does RISE mean to us at Mahindra North American Technical Center? It means taking an active role in the revitalization and renewal of one of America’s greatest cities. It means engaging and empowering the greater Detroit community in which we work and live. It means a commitment to philanthropy and conscientious business practices. It means uplifting and inspiring you―the very individuals who make our work meaningful. RISE is Mahindra’s recognition of our shared role in sustaining the wellness of our population and our planet. It is our commitment not only to a better future, but to a better today. This RISE philosophy is implicit in all we do.
In adherence to the ideals outlined above, Mahindra NATC is proud to have created the Mahindra Urban Agriculture Grant Program in Detroit. Since its founding in 2015, Mahindra’s annual grant program has awarded over $175,000 in money and equipment to the City of Detroit and seven distinct Detroit-based non-profit organizations committed to sustainable urban farming.
Detroit organizations, and their respective programs, receiving 2015 or 2016 Mahindra Urban Agricultural grants or gifts are listed below:
- The Greening of Detroit (Build-a-Garden)―$40,000
- Keep Growing Detroit (Garden Resource Program)―$40,000
- Full Circle Foundation (Edible Garden, Friends & Flowers)―$12,500
- Neighbors Building Brightmoor (Brightmoor Artisans Community Kitchen)―$10,000
- Earthworks Urban Farm (Agricultural Training Program)—$12,500
- Northend Christian CDC (Water Catchment and Storage initiative)—$10,000
- Detroit Black Community Food Security Network (D-Town Farm)―4025 4WD Mahindra tractor (retail value $31,000)
- City of Detroit―mPACT XTV utility vehicle (retail value $16,000)
Find detailed stories about our grant recipients below: